Looking for legal information or need to hire an attorney?

Recent information on post-September 5, 2017 DACA:  Available in English here and Spanish here.

– If you need to hire an attorney, visit https://www.findalawyernys.org/
https://www.immi.org helps immigrants in the U.S. understand their legal options. Its online screening tool, legal information, and referrals to nonprofit legal services organizations are always free to use.
www.LawHelpNY.org is New York’s free legal information website. There, you can access free information about a variety of legal issues. Under “Find a Lawyer,” you can enter your county and the type of legal issue you have to access a directory of free legal service providers who may be able to assist you.
https://www.lawhelpny.org/immigration – Visit this website for information about how to interact with law enforcement, how to create a response plan if you or a family member is arrested, how to understand your immigration options, and more.
https://ny.freelegalanswers.org/ This is an online resource where you can post simple civil legal question and a lawyer will answer your question within 30 days at no cost. The site does NOT provide you with an attorney to represent you, rather it provides brief legal advice and assistance. Free Legal Answers cannot assist you with criminal matters, immediate court dates, or if you are currently in jail.

Kinship Navigator:

http://www.nysnavigator.org/?page_id=1897 – online resources to address care of the children remaining in the USA if the parents are deported.
http://www.nysnavigator.org/?page_id=47 -online resource for any issues related to kinship care – non-parents who are full time caregivers of children, without parents in home.  The topics include financial assistance, legal information and referrals, and other types of issues that caregivers face when raising children in order to provide stability and permanency in the home.

Government websites and resources:

–  http://www.uscis.gov/forms/ – the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides most immigration forms free of charge through this website in PDF format.
–  http://infopass.uscis.gov/ – InfoPass is a free service that lets you schedule an appointment with a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Immigration Officer by using the Internet at any time of day or night. If you have an immigration issue that is best handled by a trained USCIS Immigration Officer, InfoPass will let you schedule your appointment instead of requesting it in person at your local USCIS office.
–  https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa – Have you moved? Help USCIS ensure that you receive any notices or documents without delay. Most applicants with pending applications or petitions should notify USCIS of a change of address as soon as possible.
–  https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp – View your case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS.
–  https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov – Official website for Travelers Visiting the United States: Apply for or retrieve your Form I-94, request travel history and check travel compliance
–  https://locator.ice.gov/ – Official website to obtain information about an adult detained in immigration custody.  You can search using the Alien Registration Number or biographical information.