Note: All events posted are publicly available. Please keep that in mind when posting sensitive events.
- This event has passed.
Basic Immigration Law 2019: Business, Family, Naturalization and Related Areas
February 7 @ 9:00 am - 5:15 pm EST
The program will provide an overview of U.S. immigration law, including current developments and trends, and will be extremely useful to attorneys who are new to immigration practice, as well as those who need a refresher on immigration law or are involved in immigration policy.
What You Will Learn
- Immigration outlook under the administration and Congress
- The difference between nonimmigrant (temporary) and immigrant (permanent/green card) visas
- Family-sponsored visas
- Why immigrants are put into removal proceedings
- Protecting an employer from sanctions
- Unique ethical issues in immigration practice